Rooting around in my digital trash, randomly found this list of ideas (and, uhm, non-ideas -- n.b. "Somehow cover Congress") I was pitching to editors in 2008. I am not good at pitching editors.
- Generation O: The Obama kids are coming to town – where do they go, what do they do, who are they?
- John Paul Stephens interview
- Future of Down Syndrome families as a political action group [Palin]
- Somehow cover Congress
- “Zuckerberg’s Law of Data Sharing”: People share twice as much information this year as the they did the year before. Is there anyone studying what this means? How much more is there to share?
- Reputation economies – especially as applied, possibly, to politics – how much is a good reputation worth on, say, eBay? What's the premium, how much more can you charge? Maybe applies to political endorsements?
- Circuit scrapbooking machine and the idea that in modern mass “crafting,” the idea is that the product looks “just like it came from the store.” This isn’t the “maker” aesthetic, but the movements are both growing… do they connect anywhere? What kind of horrible effect could this have on kids’ school projects?
- Where did the wine in country music go?